After consultation with the public services staff, researchers working in the Silver Special Collections Library may copy, photograph or scan material for personal research at no charge using the department's copier or flatbed and face-up scanners.
For researchers working off-site or those needing high quality reproductions, we can provide digital copies for a fee.
- Researchers may place a request for reproductions by email or calling 802-656-2138.
- We accept payment in U.S. dollars by check made payable to the University of Vermont.
- Turnaround time will vary depending on the size of the request and the number of requests in the queue.
- We reserve the right to deny a duplication request based on condition or donor-imposed restrictions.
- We cannot guarantee legibility if bindings are tight, ink is faded, paper is discolored, etc.
- Files can be delivered as JPG, TIFF or PDF formats.
- PDF files: $0.10 per scan, with a minimum fee of $5.00.
- JPG or TIFF files, low to high resolution, greyscale or color of the original document: $5.00 per scan.
- If reproductions are intended for use in a commerical publication, we charge a $10.00 per image commercial use fee.
Publication and Permission
- If copies of our materials are in the public domain or the University of Vermont does not hold the copyright, we do not grant or deny permission to publish or distribute.
- Researchers are responsible for identifying copyright holders and obtaining any legally necessary permission to publish or use Special Collections material.
- We can only grant permission to publish or distribute items for which the University of Vermont holds the copyright. Physical ownership does not imply copyright.
- Please include citations and credits for images of materials in our collections. Credit lines should acknowledge Special Collections, University of Vermont.