For Fall 2020, we have instituted new procedures for visiting the library by appointment only and enhanced reproduction services to help ensure everyone’s health and safety.
Silver Special Collections staff will be working both in the library and remotely. You may visit the library by appointment and you may schedule remote research consultations.
- Plan your visit
- Schedule an appointment or a remote research consultation by email or telephone at (802) 656-2138.
UVM students, staff and faculty may now request an electronic version of articles and book chapters housed in Special Collections using the free Document Delivery service.
- Make a document delivery request in your ILLiad account. If you are a first-time ILLiad user, register for an account.
- Login, choose Document Delivery request from the choices on the left-hand side, and complete the form.
- You may request up to two chapters from a book and one article from a journal or newspaper, with a 50-page or 10% limit.
- You will receive an email notification when the PDF file is available in your ILLiad account.
Scanning for Offsite Patrons
- We will scan material for researchers who cannot come to Special Collections.
- We reserve the right to limit the amount of material scanned.
- During Fall 2020, we will waive reproduction fees.
- Make a reproduction request. Please provide as much information as possible about the material you are requesting.