Welcome! Starting August 31, 2020, Silver Special Collections will be open by appointment only to UVM affiliates (students, faculty and staff).
New procedures are in place to protect the health and safety of staff and visitors. The procedures may change as government agencies and the university issue additional directives. All services are contingent upon the availability of staffing.
Health and Safety Requirements
All UVM Libraries visitors are required to:
- Complete a daily health check-in and be cleared to visit campus.
- Wear a face covering, in accordance with campus and state guidelines.
- Maintain 6-foot social distancing guidelines.
For all COVID-19 information issued by UVM for the Fall 2020 semester, please refer to the Return to Campus website.
Make an Appointment
- To make an appointment, email or call (802) 656-2138 at least 2 business days in advance.
- Indicate the date and time you would like to visit.
- List the material you would like to use. You will be able to browse the open stacks, but we would like to gather as much material in advance as possible. We need advance notice of at least 2 business days to retrieve material stored offsite in the Library Research Annex. We will be happy to suggest resources related to your research topic.
- We will send you email confirmation of your appointment date and time, materials requested, and assigned locker.
The Day of Your Visit
- Please do not come unless you have received a confirmation email.
- Complete your daily health check-in.
- Email or call (802) 656-2138 to cancel or reschedule if you do not feel well on the day of your appointment.
- Silver Special Collections is located in the Billings Library. The front door will not be open. When you arrive, please go around the building to the rear second floor entrance and call Special Collections at (802) 656-2138. A staff member will let you in.
During Your Visit
- Wash your hands before entering the library. Restrooms are located across the hall from the entry to Special Collections.
- Please use the locker assigned to you in the confirmation email.
- You will be assigned a table for use during your visit.
- You must wear a face covering in the building at all times.
- You must maintain 6-foot distances from other people.
- Please follow all signage directives.
Additional Health and Safety Information
- Hand sanitizer and surface cleaner are available in the library for use by patrons and staff.
- Custodians clean public spaces and restrooms according to UVM guidelines.
- Library staff clean tables and equipment between uses according to UVM guidelines.
- Library staff quarantine materials after use following recommended guidelines.