Starting July 6, 2021, Silver Special Collections will be open by appointment to UVM affiliates and community researchers.
Procedures are in place to protect the health and safety of staff and visitors. The procedures may change as government agencies and the university issue additional directives. All services are contingent upon the availability of staffing.
Health and Safety Requirements
- In accordance with Vermont’s face covering mandate, unvaccinated or partially vaccinated individuals are required to wear face coverings and masks at UVM in the presence of other people, both indoors and outdoors.
- Unvaccinated individuals and those who are not yet fully vaccinated must physically distance from others.
Make an Appointment
- To make an appointment, email or call (802) 656-2138 at least 2 business days in advance.
- Indicate the date and time you would like to visit.
- List the material you would like to use. You will be able to browse the open stacks, but we would like to gather as much material in advance as possible. We need advance notice of at least 2 business days to retrieve material stored offsite in the Library Research Annex. We will be happy to suggest resources related to your research topic.
- We will send you email confirmation of your appointment date and time.
The Day of Your Visit
- Please do not come unless you have received a confirmation email.
- Silver Special Collections is located in the Billings Library. The front door will not be open. When you arrive, please go around the building to the rear second floor entrance and call Special Collections at (802) 656-2138. A staff member will let you in.
- Email or call (802) 656-2138 to cancel or reschedule if you are unable to come or if you do not feel well on the day of your appointment.
- If you are fully vaccinated, you do not need to wear a face covering or mask. If you are unvaccinated or partially vaccinated, you are required to wear a face covering or mask.
During Your Visit
- You will be assigned a table for use during your visit.
- In accordance with Vermont’s face covering mandate, unvaccinated or partially vaccinated individuals are required to wear face coverings. Fully vaccinated people are not required to wear face coverings.
- You must maintain 6-foot distances from other people.
- Please follow all signage directives.